Friday, January 3, 2014

Project DC5: Wisconsin Boredom and the K24 Adventure


I'm now in Wisconsin and I've been there for about three or four months for work as most of my friends know.  It's been incredibly lonely and it's not until you're away from your family that you realize that the only people who will really do you favors or the only people who really care about you are family.




And when you finally find people who are honest enough to tell you how they really feel about you, sometimes it can be offensive to the point where you don't want to chill with them.  So when the going gets tough, the tough gotta get going...and going I did.

Pursuing multiple projects, I entertained myself for these past couple of months.  For example, I was working with an Arduino which is a small micro controller from Radioshack.  It was fun, but eventually I lost interest in it.  So, while bored as hell browsing Craigslist for parts, I came across this on Craigslist:


For $260 bucks I really couldn't go wrong.  The deal was a K24a1 from a 2002-2006 CRV with approximately 110,000 miles.


When I got to the guy's house, I was surprised by an incomplete long block in very good condition.  Only a day before I was scheduled to fly home to Philly for the holidays I tried to get some of the people I met in Wisconsin to help me with picking up this engine block.  However, everyone was busy and couldn't help me...so without a hoist or a truck I traveled over to this guy's house with 260 bucks in my pocket.

The guy was nice enough to actually help me pick up the engine and put it into the back of the car 30 minutes before he was supposed to go out with his wife!




With the engine in the back of my car and my flight...sort of on-schedule I headed back home, went to bed, and woke up to go to the airport.  Madison, WI to Cleveland went well, but Cleveland to Philly didn't go so well.  I ended up spending five hours in between flights drinking beers and hanging out with a dude in a bar who gave me some professional advice before returning home to Philly.


Keep in touch for more Project DC5 Stuff and don't be a loser!  (Just kidding) :)












No comments:

Post a Comment

Comment