Wednesday, September 11, 2013

RSX Front Bulkhead Reinforcement Plate: Fixing Your Broken Hood Latch (UPDATE)

So if you own an RSX you have probably heard about the hood latch problem which is prevalent among these cars.  Well, chances are that's because the problem IS prevalent and there's also a chance that this has even messed up your day!

Well, if you follow Lexi.Laron, chances also are that you have seen a post that I made which talks about my solution for this problem.  Since you've last read it, I have also been working on it and have made significant progress as well.

Again, my friend Eric sent me his design with the moved bolt holes.  You can't notice it here, but the second hole was moved on the left side of the picture.


After taking his design and tracing it onto cardboard, I took notes.  Some hole resizing is necessary and some relocation is necessary as well.

Note that the right brace in the picture was also cut.  I have determined that the added reinforcement by the third hole on this bracket will be minimal and will also make installation more difficult.


Next comes my second revision where I will take angles on the bulkhead to determine how much curvature or bend will be required to produce the parts.

____________EDIT____________

Go to ClubRSX for exclusive details on what is involved with this bracket.

http://forums.clubrsx.com/showthread.php?p=41090209#post41090209

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comment