Monday, December 24, 2012

Project DC5

Hello,

So I figured I'd document my progress on modifying my RSX Type-S and some other stuff like up-keeping it.  The goal is to make a reasonable street car with a decent amount of power and looks while still retaining driveability.

My mainly stock Type-S

Currently, I'm only rocking a couple of mods as I'm still in college and paying for all of this on my own thanks to Drexel University's well endowed engineering program which includes fully-paid co-op positions and a rigorous curriculum.

_________________________________________________________________________________
The mod list, as-is, goes like this:

  • A'PEXi GT Spec Catback Exhaust System
Note the husky exhaust tip.

  • Custom-painted with color match Duplicolor rattle can paint AEM Short Ram Intake (nothing special)
Note the color matched to the valve cover and intake manifold cover.

  • DC Sports Shorty Headers
Painted flat black with barbecue paint, the aftermarket header is on the right and the Type-S header is on the left.

  • Stage 2 Clutch and Pressure Plate Kit from ACT Clutch along with ProLite Flywheel

  • 55W HID's from DDM Tuning with HID ballast and 6000K (?) bulbs
_________________________________________________________________________________



I'll be keeping you guys updated as the project goes along.  But for now, I'll just tease you with some photos...

All new bumper and fender clips along with replacing the fender liners which fell off on one of my 60 mile commutes to work.  >.<

Fabrication of a drill-in and bolt-on brake master cylinder stopper for the DC5 chassis with my fabricating-master boy, Eric Magray of Magray Scooter Co.

Some Work Wheels ;) without my beautiful dog <3 ...="..." p="p">

Stay tuned as Lexi.Laron brings you more interesting reads in the upcoming future!  Merry Christmas and Happy New Year, people!

Thanks for reading, guys and gals.







No comments:

Post a Comment

Comment