Saturday, December 31, 2011

Happy New Years! Check This Out.

So it's been a pretty crappy year for me to say the least. However a lot of good things have happened and I am thankful for that.

Readers, I am not about to let you into my personal life because that would be straight up creepy. Instead, I will lead you through the history of Lexi.Laron for 2010 and maybe you will learn something about me during your read.

Before I begin I'd just like to say taht I'm very proud of myself and the progress that this blog has has made, but more importantly I'm thankful for all of you who continue to read my bullsh**. Thanks! :D

Let us begin, shall we?

In July of 2010 I was in the middle of a boring summer. I had a car that needed fixing, no girlfriend, and I had lost touch with some of my friends to say the least. I used to look back at that time in my life and think that it was boring, mundane, and I felt a lot of guilt for separating myself from my friends...but now, I look at it differently.

July of 2010 was the launch of Lexi.Laron, a blog which was dedicated to "showcasing the maintenance, and partial restoration" of my 1994 Lexus ES300, named "Lexi". Realistically, July of 2010 was a time in which I learned to take the situation I was in (boring, mundane, and sad) and build on it, learn from it, make it exciting. I just hadn't realized all of this at the time.
Here's the first post.

My plan ws to make a list of things that needed to be fixed on the car, fix them, and showcase the progress of my build on the site.

Much of the initial posts followed the blueprint! I had walkarounds and documentation of little projects that took my car from "ghetto" (excuse me if I offend) to "somewhat-good."
By the time August had rolled around and my projects turned from productive to pathetic and I had grown tired of fixing this car, but that was a problem!

You see, the goal of the blog was to showcase my car's restoration, but I no longer had a desire to do that! So, I decided to change the blog's image with a new layout and goal-- to work as a news aggregate for the tuning industry.

I decided to use one of blogger's new layouts and add new content to go along with the theme.
Since that time, I've done a lot of posts about Hondas, but I've also covered some pretty interesting projects like the Nissan Juke-R, Lexi's existence, and my own involvement in cars.
Truth is, this blog holds a little bit of my heart. I love blogging. I love the concept of sharing something I love and I love my fans.

So, in honor of the New Year, Lexi.Laron wishes you blessings and gifts as you proceed on with your life. May you make the most out of your situations.
Here's a little video just to keep it real. ;)



--Dillon

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comment