Monday, December 5, 2011

Sayonara, Lexi!!!

Hey guys!

I'm selling Lexi! Yes, that's right, we've had some good memories, but it's time for her to go as I have another whip (But that'll wait for later) ;).

I plan on posting her on eBay soon. If you're interested in buying a car that will last, this is it. I fixed her since I bought her from the auction and I know this car inside and out. There are a couple of things wrong with her, but overall she's a great ride. Here's a list of the maintenance she needs:


  • Serpentine belt needs tensioning (easy)
  • Power steering belt squeaks
  • Needs new rear, lower control arm bushing (check the blog for the post)
  • Needs new hood
    • I replaced the lower latch for the hood because it wouldn't close, but it didn't really fix it ;(
  • Some areas of the body are a little sketchy (check out the photos)
  • Front-right tire is bubbled (Discount Tire wouldn't replace the tire)
Car has about 249,000 miles and I assure you that it'll last another 2000 miles if you change the oil and follow all scheduled maintenance.  It's running with two steelies on the front of it as of now.  I'm throwing those in with the Lexus wheels if the buyer wants to buy a new tire.

Lexi's never let me down, guys.  If you need a car or know someone who needs a car, talk to me!  Asking price is 2400 or best offer.  Hit me up if you want a deal!

Anybody in the Philadelphia Area may contact me for purchase.  No check or money order please ;).  If you're buying through Lexi.Laron I want cash in hand!!!! Gotta get that money!!!!!!

Bye guys (;
























Whose car is this? (:


She comes with the Lexus Wheels


Trunk is nice, clean, and big.



1MZ-FE 3.0 Liter V6 Engine.  Lightweight connecting rods, valve springs made of special compound metal to avoid valve float, etc,etc.
Engine has new injectors.  Cleaned it from top to bottom when I was fixing the misfire that warranted new injectors ;)


This is my sweet setup. 


Clean plastic engine cover for Lexi.


Coolant reservoir and re-insulated wires over timing-belt covered tied with colored zip-ties


Labeled coil packs and engine components from fuel injector swap for consistency.  Re-heat shrunk wires at some places.  Replaced vacuum valve in top left corner of picture.


You can leave a comment if you're interested in buying this baby from me. She was my first car and I loved her, but it's time to move on-- my loss is your gain.
Read more Lexi.Laron to see which direction the site takes a step in!
Thanks.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comment