Sunday, January 8, 2012

In Lexus's Repetitive, Recent Attempts to Make Something Cool...

They have made a GS Coupe Concept.


They have made a $375,000 supercar with a v10 engine that revs so quickly, an analog tachometer cannot display the RPMs in an adequate fashion.


And now another overpriced attempt at something that makes sense, but in my eyes makes no sense whatsoever: the Lexus LF-LC Concept.


I'm sure Lexus engineers thought that with a set of angry bee nest-esque grilles and some "infotainment centers" built into their dashboards, they could make a couple of sweet cars!  But I'm not buying it.

Show me something more than a complex instrument cluster that looks like that of an alien space ship's.


Show me something more than a cool looking interior with a sweet computer built into it.


Show me a car, guys.  Show me a freaking car.  Don't take a Scion FR/Subaru BRZ chassis, load it with a bunch of computer parts, have your NASA Rocket Engineers make up some cool tail-lights that look like Mars, and confuse the hell out of me!


I'm young, and maybe that's why I don't understand these things.  Lexus is aimed at the successful business man-- a man with money in his pocket and people to impress.

Lexus, impress my hands when I turn the wheel.  Impress my gut as I fly through corners.  Flatten my butt cheeks with sprinting acceleration.  Do something like the first SC or the second generation GS.  Something with class, but something that's fast with multi-link suspension, front and back, and a decent engine like the 2JZ.  Yamaha-produced and all without the 375,000 dollar price tag.

Kudos to Toyota for sticking to the script.  Let's see if this new car will impress the public at the Detroit Auto Show.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comment